[Coral-List] Far From ECO in BIOBALLs

David Obura dobura at cordioea.org
Sat Jun 30 05:53:06 EDT 2012

And I'm with Georg and Billy on this ...

thank god I haven't read through the fairly absurd discussion on all this to then find out the even more absurd intention is for a bunch of bored resorty's with more money than golf skill to INTENTIONALLY pitch their balls into the sea!! Give us a break and let's stop trying to justify the consumption mentality that has got us into this mess in the first place!!

This may have been a well-intentioned query, but surely somewhat un-WiseOceans can find better issues to deal with than this!! A lot of people on this list are struggling with communities in dire straits, and reefs a fraction of their former selves!!! If our baseline has shifted so much that this is considered a valid topic to debate we might as well all join in the new litter-the-ocean-golf craze - imagine the money we could make through starting this up on the all the beautiful shorelines we all frequent.

David Obura

CORDIO East Africa
#9 Kibaki Flats, Kenyatta Beach, Bamburi Beach
P.O.BOX 10135 Mombasa 80101, Kenya
www.cordioea.org       //      www.iucn.org/cccr
Mobile: +254-715 067417
Email: dobura at cordioea.org; davidobura at gmail.com