[Coral-List] Ecobioballs

Rudy Bonn rudy_bonn at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 12:27:06 EDT 2012

I agree Judith, nothing should be tossed or driven or whatever into the ocean, is it not obvious to everyone that we have garbage patches as big as some states.  Do a mangrove clean-up down here in Key West like I do every month-- I could work doing this the rest of my life and still not make a dent in the amount of trash down here.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George lied and stated to the girl of his interest that he was a marine biologist, saved a whale by pulling a golfball out of its blowhole that Kramer had launched from shore using a driver! George got the girl!  The whale was saved, Kramer got his Titlelist XV1 golfball back, and it turned out to be a happy ending.

I'm sorry, the ocean is not a fictional place and nor is the debris thats everywhere, even at 6000 feet in the Celebes Sea, away from everything, where the seafloor is covered with trash!

Rudy

Rudy S Bonn
Director of Marine Projects
Reef Relief