[Coral-List] Impact upon marine plankton and benthos of an outflow of freshwater at pH 10

Bernard-Armand THOMASSIN ba.thomassin at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 14 12:35:47 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Since several months we discuss acidification effects on the ocean according to climatic changes and anthropogenic impacts.

But, in the opposite, what could be the impacts upon marine planktonic and benthic communities of an outflow of freshwater with a pH 10, from a coastal plant, under Equatorial Western Atlantic climate ?
Please give me your opinions and point out me references dealing with this subjetc.

With my thanks for helping me,
Very sincerely yours.

Bernard A. THOMASSIN G.I.S. "Lag-May" (Littoral & coral reef lagoonal environments in Mayotte island - North Mozambique Channel)tél GSM (33) 06 63 14 91 78