[Coral-List] mysterious Tridacna mortality

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Tue Mar 27 09:08:49 EDT 2012

This may be of relevance: We have places SediMeter instruments off Miami in about 2 to 5 m of water, without cleaners. The instrument measures the accumulation of algae etc on the sensor. It is detectable after already 24 hours, and by the naked eye after about 5 days. I would guess that by the time the instrument "sees" it, it would also be possible to feel it as being slippery rather than squeaky clean. For what it's worth.

Ulf Erlingsson
Lindorm, Inc.