[Coral-List] Jim Hansen talks climate change/Waiting for Rosa

Reese, Jessica Jessica.Reese at CZS.org
Wed Mar 28 11:17:16 EDT 2012

Agreed! In reading this article, I am reminding of all the missed
opportunities that have flown by us since Jan 17, 2009. Hansen's
steadfast commitment to "making it clear" is commendable. We need
millions of Jim Hansens. In this time span between the inauguration in
2009 and now, I have been wondering, where is OUR Rosa Parks, our
catalyst to start this big, sweeping movement toward sustainability and
carbon neutrality? In looking around, expecting, anticipating the
arrival of the Rosa Parks, I realize that it's going to take MILLIONS of
Rosa Parks. I'm in.

-----Original Message-----
From: coral-list-bounces at coral.aoml.noaa.gov
[mailto:coral-list-bounces at coral.aoml.noaa.gov] On Behalf Of Sarah
Frias-Torres
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:50 AM
To: coral list
Subject: [Coral-List] Jim Hansen talks climate change

Dear Coral-Listers,
Here's an interesting interview to Jim Hansen, world renowned
climatologist. I don't agree with the nuclear reactor part but,
otherwise, I find the article is quite revealing.
Just after reading the title, pause, and think. In comparison, my
earlier post on "approaching game over" sounds mild, doesn't it?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jan/18/obama-climate-change?f
b=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Schmidt Ocean Institute Postdoctoral
FellowOcean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) 1420 Seaway
Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34949 USA Tel (772)
467-1600http://www.teamorca.orghttp://independent.academia.edu/SarahFria
sTorres