[Coral-List] Novel polymorphic microsatellite markers for population genetics of the endangered Caribbean star coral, Montastraea faveolata

sarah davies daviessw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 16:06:11 EST 2012

Hello Coral-list,

We are pleased to announce our manuscript "Novel polymorphic
microsatellite markers for population genetics of the endangered
Caribbean star coral, Montastraea faveolata" that was recently
published in Marine Biodiversity. This paper describes 9
microsatellite loci for the Caribbean coral species M. faveolata and a
streamlined multiplexing protocol. These loci are also transferable to
M. annularis and M. franksi and will be very useful for both genetic
structure and parentage analysis methods. Currently both of these
methods are working successfully in our lab.

Here is the link to the article:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12526-012-0133-4

If you do not have access, feel free to visit our website to download
the PDF: http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/Welcome.html

Email Sarah Davies daviessw at gmail.com if you have any questions.

Cheers

--