[Coral-List] Crown-of-Thorns outbreaks

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Wed Oct 10 12:41:49 EDT 2012

Why would you try to remove them instead of just killing them in situ with
injection (for example with sodium bicarbonate).....according to your
abstract even at the highest concentration of crown of thorns your
efficiency at removal was only 14 starfish per hour of diving effort.....I
would suspect that is hardly feasible in any major outbreak effort given
typically limited resources.

Not meaning to be critical, just a curious question.

Thanks,

Todd R Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation
609 PORTIA N ST, NOKOMIS, FL 34275