[Coral-List] Biology Instructor position at FIU

Ligia Collado-Vides colladol at fiu.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:22:08 EDT 2012

Dear all,

We have an opening for an Instructor Position At Florida International University in Miami.

I appreciate your help distributing this add to whom might be interested.

All the best
Ligia

FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES Instructor
The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications from academically qualified and professionally experienced individuals for a non-tenure track position as an Instructor. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in the biological sciences and be dedicated to providing an enriching learning experience.  The Department of Biological Sciences is committed to developing novel learning activities that will prepare students for success in a fast-paced global environment.
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools <http://main.fiu.edu/academics/colleges-schools/index.html> offer more than 180 bachelors, masters and doctoral<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/degree-programs/index.html> programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students in two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu<http://www.fiu.edu/>.
Instructor positions are centered on major's courses (such as Physiology, General Biology I and II, Cell Biology and Genetics). All are high enrollment undergraduate courses. Other undergraduate upper and lower division courses will also be expected, depending on specialization. More information on these courses, as well as general information about these positions, can be found on our website at http://casgroup.fiu.edu/Biology/pages.php?id=2171. The Biological Sciences Department has 4700+ undergraduate majors, 126 graduate students, and 48 faculty members on two large campuses (http://www.fiu.edu/about-us/campuses/index.html), one in west Miami (MMC), and one on Biscayne Bay (BBC).
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by December 1st 2012. Screening of applications will begin on that date and continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 505098 at jobsearch.fiu.edu<https://pslinks.fiu.edu> and attach a 1) cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, and 3) statement of teaching interests and a teaching portfolio. In addition, applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be e-mailed directly to colladol at fiu.edu<mailto:colladol at fiu.edu> using instructor in the subject. FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.

Ligia (AKA Claudia) Collado-Vides PhD
Lecturer-Researcher
Department of Biology, Marine Macroalgae Research Laboratory
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, Building OE Room 167, Miami FL 33199
Web page: www.marinemacroalgae.com<http://www.marinemacroalgae.com/>
Email: colladol at fiu.edu<mailto:colladol at fiu.edu>
Phone: 305 348 2274, Fax:   305 348 4096
We are 7 billion of human beings sharing the planet, please recycle and allow microbes do their job.