[Coral-List] On submission length and conciseness
jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 24 09:53:53 EDT 2012
Couple of bullets on this (trying to be succinct!):
* I have no intention of eliminating job postings; however jobs must
* Gene has a valid point, but I guess one of us moderators missed that
one (I really don't think that happens too often).
* He is also right that the long job descriptions is not cool--better
to give a brief description and include a link and especially
CONTACT INFORMATION for more information.
* We no longer allow job seekers to post their resumes. Do a search
of the Coral-List archives if you are looking for a job (use this in
your search engine,
site:http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/ jobs (or
position, or shinn, or whatever buzzword you're looking for)
* The US Government Office of Personnel Management is the appropriate
place to look for USG jobs.
On 10/22/12 12:10 PM, Eugene Shinn wrote:
> I noted that the long advertisement, "Biology Instructor position at
> FIU" never mentioned coral or coral reefs once! Shouldn't we cut down
> on the excessive use of the list for job announcements?...especially
> those not associated with coral reefs. Gene
More information about the Coral-List