[Coral-List] floating islands

Karl B Fellenius karl at fellenius.net
Tue Sep 4 23:40:23 EDT 2012

Some folks may be interested in hearing about this. I have my doubts. Can anyone shed any light on if this island-building project is going ahead, or if its even a viable idea? Even so, they don't mention any facilities for locals to relocate from the overpopulated Male.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/375525/20120820/floating-golf-course-maldives-sinking.htm
      Trends & Technology

  a.. $500M plan to replace the Maldives' sinking islands with man-made ones
  Amid fears that many of its 1,190 islands will soon be submerged, the Maldives has formed a joint venture with architectural firm Dutch Docklands International to build the world's biggest series of artificial floating islands in the Indian Ocean. The $500 million project will include a convention center, hotel, yacht club and solar-powered golf course. The islands will be attached to the sea floor by cables or mooring piles for stability, reducing the effect on sea life.
--
Karl Fellenius, MRM
karl at fellenius.net
skype michka97