[Coral-List] Associate Curator position opening

Jenn Moffatt (Nero) requins at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 14:21:26 EDT 2012

Hi All,
I apologize for the cross-posting for the Associate
Curator – Corals/Ocean Commotion team position.The
Florida Aquarium is seeking a senior manager position within our Husbandry
department. The Associate Curator will work with the Director of Husbandry in
leading our coral restoration and conservation efforts as well as oversee a
diverse collection of invertebrates and animals, including coral, within the
Ocean Commotion gallery. The successful candidate will have managerial experience
in leading Biologists; be competent in the acquisition/disposition and
maintenance of a living collection; be able to work with other Associate
Curators and Animal Health team to ensure the highest possible animal health
standards and protocols are followed; work well with a diversity of other
departments: Education, Life Support/Engineering, Guest Relations, etc. to
ensure a positive guest experience.
Qualifications:
Bachelors;
5 years’ experience in an AZA or equivalent type setting; 2 years successful
management experience in leading a team; SCUBA certification required and the
ability to be rescue diver certified within 6 months; Prefer collection and
boat operating experience
Benefits
include: Health, Dental, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and a Paid
Time Off plan
resume and salary requirements to: hr at flaquarium.org
Drug
Free Workplace and EOE