[Coral-List] Urgent need to create portal site for all marine science data, information and research

Melbourne Briscoe Mel at briscoe.com
Tue Sep 11 09:06:26 EDT 2012

You are convinced the problem is that you can't get at all the information.
The real problem is information inundation....there is too much out there
and most of it is irrelevant and/or crap.
Relevance and credibility indices are critical, but try getting any
consensus on either!
This information problem is relatively new, and no one has solved it.
But what is clear is that yet another super-portal is not the answer.