[Coral-List] The real problem.

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 18:17:05 EDT 2012

   While it is becoming more difficult to remain optimistic when considering
   what the future
   holds  for coral reefs and other sensitive ecosystems if CO2 emissions
   continue unabated,
   I wouldnât diminish the contributions of western coral scientists and/or
   environmentalists
   in  the  process.  If  everybody on the planet thought like most coral
   scientists and environmentalists
   we would likely be well on the way towards the low-carbon energy future that
   many seek.
   What  is  making  that  seemingly  logical  move more difficult is the
   effectiveness of the anti-science
   campaign that relentlessly promotes the prolonged consumption of fossil
   fuels along with the idea
   that those concerned about humans affecting climate are illusory. Scientists
   (and environmentalists)
   certainly have their faults, but rejecting undeniable facts is not typical
   of their behavior.
   In  my  opinion  many  of  you need to feel more contrition about your
   unwillingness to mobilize against
   the  forces  advancing  scientific  doubt than about your insufficient
   application of carbon credits.
   Steve