[Coral-List] Majuro censorship

Dean Jacobson atolldino at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 21:05:57 EDT 2012

Listers:
My short, 17 minute 2 part video (posted on Youtube, channel is "atolldino") played twice on local Majuro Cable TV this past Tuesday, then after barely 30 minutes a phone call was received by Marshalls Boardcasting Corporation: "shut it off".
I am about out of moves on this chessboard.  RMI EPA is not going to follow its own rules, (the manager actually charged me with disturbing the piece when I complained that the promised coral rescue was not going to happen, and I had to appear at the police station), there has been no site assessement (of the coral reef), no public hearing about this mining operation, and no reef mitigation is going to happen.  It is the worst possible outcome, gross negligence or worse, due to the fact that the mining company (PII) holds all the cards, to mix metaphors..   I cant find anyone with power who cares about the blue and gold reef, or for the reef fish.

Will the US govt remain inert, and continue to allow US money to destroy this reef?  It will be documented in HD video this week, so we can see what has been lost.
Shame.

Dean Jacobson