[Coral-List] Majuro mining and video

Dean Jacobson atolldino at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 02:05:05 EDT 2012

Listers:
Dredging is on-going at the reservoir reef on Majuro, and an enormous sediment plume is stretching into the lagoon, unconstrained by the missing sediment curtain (the only curtain is near-shore, just a meter deep, at one end of the mining zone).
I just learned that Maria Cantwell from my home state of Washington, Chair of the Aviation committee, with oversight over FAA, is looking into the Majuro coral mining snafu.   I also noticed that few have yet viewed my latest coral video, which is back on air (I worked for two weeks to make this happen... the TV station still does not know who called in to take it off the air 30 minutes into the initial airing, the station worker did not ask for a name, since it was an in-company extension!)
Links to part 1 and part 2 of the completed video (not the truncated, preliminary version I first posted) are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ojiFghaCA&feature=relmfu

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8acQkj4Q8
Also, video of the early impacts of this reservoir reef mining can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfh1qvTCPz4&feature=relmfu

The petition is at 647, but we can add another 1000 names, I am sure... please email me for details!
The mining corporation, PII, is still trying to have me deported, attacking me in the press.. The local paper (MI Journal) is siding with PII and saying I oppose the whole RSA project, which is false.  Indeed, I have been quoted in this same paper as promoting lagoon mining for the fill.
Cheers,
Dean Jacobson