[Coral-List] Lion fish question

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 23 08:03:34 EDT 2013

   Bob,

   It appears that there is still a lot we have to learn about the lionfish
   question as the paper you referenced reflects.

   This paper {PJ Mumby et al 2011}  is also worthy of consideration.

   Grouper    as    a    Natural   Biocontrol   of   Invasive   Lionfish.
   [1]http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.002151
   0

   It does not dismiss direct capture as a pragmatic means of control, but it
   does present other options that could be viable if we ever become capable of
   envisioning, developing and implementing a truly comprehensive coral reef
   recovery strategy that includes reversing the trend of over-fishing of
   large-bodied grouper.

   Regards,

   Steve

   "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
   created them." Albert Einstein