[Coral-List] NYT Article on "Predatory Open-Access Journals"

Francisco Soto franciscoj_soto at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 08:57:09 EDT 2013

Hi all:

Now that we have a list of the so-called "predatory journals", we need a list of the apparent "non-predatory journals" that don't charge scientists to be published, don't charge scientists when trying to access a certain paper and their institutions are not subscribed to the journal, but most important I would like a list of the "non-predatory journals" that actually make scientific articles available to the general public in ways science is actually understood by everyone and not just trained scientists.

My question as a young and emerging scientist is:

Are we doing science for the benefit of our society and nature or only for personal benefit and recognition?

Cheers,

Francisco J. Soto Santiago
Estudiante Doctoral
UPR-Río Piedras