[Coral-List] Why your post didn't make it to Coral-List

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 6 06:50:32 EDT 2013

Greetings,

    This seems to happen every day, that one of the thousands of
subscribers we have tries to send a message to Coral-List that has a
figure or file attached.  I guess I should be thankful that the
incidences are low.

    As a reminder, you can not include figures, documents, or attached
logo images to your Coral-List post, or it will be rejected.  The
reasons for this are, a) it increases the bandwidth load on our
connection, b) it reduces the file storage capacity on our server, c) it
increases your inbox load, d) the file might contain a virus, and, e) it
could be something visually unappealing or even illegal (e.g,., your
name spammed with attached embarrassment).

*    **For ex**ample, please see the attached **picture of me during an
embarrassing moment at the **12th International Coral Reef Symposium.
Kidding!  *

*     So, once again, PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH IMAGES TO CORAL-LIST MESSAGES!*

    Thankyou, and I hope you have a great day.

    I'm all yours,
    Jim