[Coral-List] New article: White Plague Disease in a comparative coral species framework (ISME, Open Access)

Christian R Voolstra christian.voolstra at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Aug 8 15:27:43 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

For those interested in coral disease, please allow me to draw your attention to a new open access article published in the ISME journal about bacterial community structures in healthy and White Plague Diseased coral species.

In our 16S comparative framework analysis,  corals displayed species-specific bacterial communities that are different from disease-associated bacteria. Health and disease were as strong a discriminator between colonies as species indicating that bacterial community structure of disease is conserved over coral species boundaries.

http://www.nature.com/ismej/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/ismej2013127a.html

All the best,
Chris

Christian R Voolstra
Assistant Professor of Marine Science
PI Reef Genomics Lab
Red Sea Research Center, KAUST
Phone: +966 (0) 2 8082377 | Mobile: +966 (0) 544700087
http://reefgenomics.kaust.edu.sa/
--

this email.