[Coral-List] Distressing news for the whole Pacific Ocean.

Carey Morishige - NOAA Affiliate carey.morishige at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 27 16:08:34 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Just a note of clarification on the NOAA image that is used in the article.
That image shows the modeled maximum wave heights generated by the
devastating 2011 tsunami in Japan -- not radiation. If you look closely,
the scale on the right hand side is in centimeters.

The original image is here:
http://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/Energy_plot20110311-1000_ok.jpg<http://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/Energy_plot20110311_ok.jpg>
And more information about these modeling results can be found here:
http://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/

Cheers,
  Carey

*Carey Morishige*
U.S. All Islands Coral Reef Committee Secretariat
Address:  NOAA Fisheries Pacific Islands Regional Office / Ocean Assoc.,
Inc.
               1601 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1110, Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: *    *(808) 944-2146
Web:  *  *   http://allislandscommittee.org/

* <https://www.facebook.com/AllIslandsCommittee>***