[Coral-List] 2014 Coral Reef Conservation Fund RFP Accepting Applications
Erin.Hofmann at NFWF.ORG
Tue Dec 3 11:28:39 EST 2013
The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation is soliciting conservation grant proposals for coral reef conservation. See www.nfwf.org/coralreef<http://www.nfwf.org/coralreef> for a full version of the RFP including specifics within these priorities, eligibility requirements and application instructions.. An informational webinar will also be provided for interested applicants on December 11th at 3pm EST. Register for the webinar here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/756944193.
Pre-proposals are due by 11:59 pm ET February 5th, 2013.
Priorities for 2014 include:
Domestic U.S. Jurisdictions: Florida, U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), Puerto Rico, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI). Go to (www.nfwf.org/coralreef<http://www.nfwf.org/coralreef>) to learn about priority reef and watershed geographies within these jurisdictions.
* Enhance Watershed Management Planning
* Tools for Coral-specific Thresholds, Models and Protocols for addressing Land-based Sources of Pollution Threats
* Reduce Land-based Pollution inputs to coral reefs
* Improve Sustainable Coral Fisheries Management
International: Regional focus on Micronesia, Samoa and the Southwest Pacific, the Coral Triangle region, and the Wider Caribbean; however, all international coral reef locations are eligible.
* Enhance Management Capacity for Improved Ecosystem-Based Management
* Apply Lessons from NOAA- and/or NOAA Partner-Supported Training Programs
* Increase management capacity in priority international regions
Applicants are encouraged to select one category for each proposal. Proposals addressing topics outside of priority categories will be considered to the extent that they support the broader goals and objectives of NOAA's CRCP (http://coralreef.noaa.gov/aboutcrcp/strategy/currentgoals/), and the NFWF Coral Reef Conservation Business Plan found at www.nfwf/org/coralreef<http://www.nfwf/org/coralreef> but will be a lessor priority for funding.
Manager, Marine Conservation
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
1133 15th St., NW, Suite 1100 | Washington, D.C. 20005
T: (202) 595-2469 | F: (202) 857-0162
Erin.Hofmann at nfwf.org<mailto:jbutler at nfwf.org> | www.nfwf.org<http://www.nfwf.org/>
* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
More information about the Coral-List