[Coral-List] Scientific Communication- Sharks

brendan talwar talwar.brendan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:01:48 EST 2013

Coral List Colleagues:

Given the recent and on-going discussion of scientific communication and
public engagement, we thought it would be a good time to put a recent
creation up online.

Check it out- hopefully it will be useful in science classrooms!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeYimVDchqA

It is called *The Story of Sharks* and is an attempt at providing accurate
and accessible information to the public about the issue of shark
conservation. We show it here at the Cape Eleuthera Institute and The
Island School in Eleuthera, The Bahamas regularly. It is one way to
introduce conservation issues, sharks, and the connections between
ecological, social, and environmental values.

History and Awards:
Blue Ocean Film Festival Finalist, 2012
Festival Mondial de l'Image Sous Marine Finalist, 2012
Festival Mondial de l'Image Sous Marine: French Federation of Film and
Video Special Jury Award
Friends of the Environment Film Festival 2013
Miami Underwater Festival 2013
Bahamas National Natural History Conference 2013

We hope you and your students enjoy it.

Cheers,

Brendan Talwar and Ian Rossiter
Cape Eleuthera Institute/ The Island School
Eleuthera, The Bahamas
www.capeeleutherafoundation.org
www.ceibahamas.org
www.islandschool.org