[Coral-List] Conferences

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 03:43:18 EST 2013

I'd suggest the Australian Coral Reef Symposium, just announced for August
in Sydney.  High quality papers on all coral reef topics, as good as at the
ICRS, and a much more manageable size, just 3 concurrent sessions.  An
annual conference, so you don't have to wait four years for the ICRS.
   Cheers,  Doug

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Paul Welle <pdw at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm a new Ph.D. student who will likely be studying policy with regards to
> coral reefs. My question is a simple one - what are good conferences where
> I may be able to listen to new research on corals, connectivity, and the
> siting of MPAs? I've done a bit of googling, but it is hard to discern
> which might be suited most closely to my interests.
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
>
> Paul

PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

The views expressed are those of the author alone.