[Coral-List] Vacancy : Field Marine Biologist (Senior Scientific Officer) Innovasi Samudra Sdn Bhd, Malaysia

coralister wslee coralisterwslee at reefmapper.com
Tue Jan 1 19:41:13 EST 2013

Dear all,

Greetings from Malaysia!  I would be much obliged if you could help spread
this job posting to those who are interested/suitable.

We are looking for research-minded individuals with good analytical
skills for an exciting career and growth in our organization:

*Field Marine Biologist/Senior Scientific Officer*

**

Responsibilities:

   - To lead and manage the field team, execute environmental survey
   projects (pertaining to coral reefs, oceanography, hydrography, etc)
   - To produce relevant documentation (technical proposals, reports,
   scientific papers, etc), attend meetings and making technical presentations
   - Responsible for scientific & research equipment demonstrations, sea
   trials, commissioning and workshops
   - Identifying and testing new technology (software and hardware) for
   field applications
   - Ad hoc assignments
   - Reporting to top level management on regular basis as to project and
   team progress

*Requirements:*

   - Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Science,
   Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering Management or other
   related fields
   - Good command of English and B. Malaysia (optional)
   - Strong project management skills
   - Intellectually curious, self-starter, committed and initiative with
   integrity
   - Willing to travel, love diving and outdoor activities, physically fit,
   ability to work in harsh field conditions
   - Outgoing, physically fit for marine field work (handle diving & survey
   equipments)
   - Knowledge in GIS or Remote Sensing and other scientific software would
   be an added advantage
   - Minimum 2 years experience; fresh graduates with GPA 3.5 and above are
   encouraged to apply
   - Applicants must be willing to work in Kajang (town), Selangor (state),
   Malaysia

We offer basic salary, insurance, medical, attractive field allowances plus
annual performance bonuses.

Salary will commensurate with experience.

Please send a self-written job application letter, CV (with 2 referees
information and recent photo) to
info at innovasisamudra.com<hr at innovasisamudra.com>.

Only short listed applicants shall be called for interview.

Kind regards,
WS Lee
Innovasi Samudra Sdn Bhd
58-1, Jalan SL 11/9,