[Coral-List] Reef Check - Data Useful or Subjective to Human Error or Bias Perception?

Don Baker reefpeace at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 22:05:38 EST 2013

Dear Coral-Listers,

This may have been covered in the past but to get some current feedback on Reef Check data and methods.... and if such is useful and how useful?

For example I have noted in a Reef Check data collection on a set survey location [(via marker buoys) & GPS coordinates as backup for lost / stolen buoys] for eight (8) consecutive monthly surveys, whereas, giant clams have 'appeared' and then 'disappeared' from month to month. Fish swim in and out...but giant clams do not.

And while I am at it....to address the usefulness of Coral Watch as well within the same Subject heading herein.

Comments?

Regards to all,
Don