[Coral-List] Lion Consumption

andrew ross andyroo_of72 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 09:54:55 EST 2013

List,
I was talking to a friend who's an avid spear-fisherman the other day.
He tells me that he has found juv. lionfish in the stomach of large mutton snapper on at least one occasion on the reefs east of Kingston, Jamaica.
He says others in his crew have also seen in the gut of grouper. Didn't specify species.
These are not dead&fed lionfish, it appears to be proper, wild consumption by large predators on juv. lions.
A little hint of good news, and all the more reason to keep large fish on the reef.
Andrew Ross
Seascape Caribbean