[Coral-List] ICCB conference Eilat 1-5 December 2013 - Newsletter
Oren.Levy at biu.ac.il
Thu Jan 31 11:17:03 EST 2013
I would like to send you a brief update regarding the open subjects which we have recently discussed and corresponded about:
- As agreed, we have distributed this morning a newsletter, announcing the opening of abstract submissions. Please find the attached PDF copy of the newsletter so you can distribute it amongst colleagues as well.
We have requested quotes for the following:
- Dinner at the Magic Palace for 50 pax on November 29. The hotel does not have a venue suitable for a 50 pax sit down dinner. The only option they can offer is that we use a part of their dining room (which will not be private).
The cost per delegate is 55 USD. Dinner is served in the dining room between 18:30 – 22:00. They are possibly in a position to “rope off” the area but it will not be mutually exclusive.
- Entertainment – Israeli folk music or songs – To date I have only been able to source a group that are not locally based. We received an estimated cost of 4,000 USD (not including the costs of AV, lightning, staging, sound etc.) I am checking additional options. If we use a non-locally based group it may mean that we will have to pay for transport and possibly accommodation etc.
Our challenge is that if the venue is not exclusive, then we would not be able to have a entertainment group.
- I am also investigating additional options such as the availability of a local venue with entertainment as to not incur such high costs. I would need time complete this and will send it to you as soon as possible.
- We have booked the cocktail at the magic palace for 50 pax on November 27.
- As Suzette already advised, the cost for the hostess on the 30th the hostess will be a Paragon Staff member who will oversee the meeting room at the venue, the lunch etc and ensure the smooth running of the day, hence the differentiation in costing.
- With your final approval, we will book the hostess for the whole day at the 28-29 November. Minimum hours per day is 3 hours, 30 USD per hour
We will open registration on the website as soon as we will receive the final approval for pre-conference.
We are currently developing an additional tab for tours on the website. We have an extended options for scuba diving (including the pre and the post dates)
As we discussed over the phone, it will be a good promotion and registration boosting to offer the delegates to receive a complimentary half day tour to one of the three sites. Based on first come first served basis – only after completing registration and after payment has been received.
Dear Hudi, we are delighted with the excellent agreement you achieved with the Coral World in Eilat! Hadar is following up and will be sending them a contract.
Hudi, thank for sending me the additional contact for bus rental. I am checking and negotiating with all contacts for good service and prices and I will revert.
I look forward to finalizing all the above outstanding enquiries with so that we can put firm arrangements in place with the suppliers.
Hudi Benayahu: Chair Tamar Lotan: Co-Chair Oren Levy: Co-Chair
yehudab at tauex.tau.ac.il<mailto:yehudab at tauex.tau.ac.il> lotant at univ.haifa.ac.il<mailto:lotant at univ.haifa.ac.il> oren.levy at biu.ac.il<mailto:oren.levy at biu.ac.il>
More information about the Coral-List