[Coral-List] postdoc position at USF

Chuanmin Hu huc at usf.edu
Sat Jul 13 12:47:17 EDT 2013

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postdoctoral Scholarin Optical Remote Sensing and Applications

The Optical Oceanography Lab (http://optics.marine.usf.edu) of the
College of Marine Science at the University of South Florida (USF) is
offering a 2-year Postdoctoral Scholar position in the field of optical
remote sensing and applications. We are seeking an outstanding scientist
with a recent doctorate in ocean optics or remote sensing, or a closely
related field to work on Federal funded projects.

The successful candidate should demonstrate excellence in radiative
transfer modeling, atmospheric correction (multi-band and hyperspectral)
of satellite and airborne measurements (e.g., MODIS, MERIS, AVIRIS),
algorithm development, and scholarly productivity. Strong programming
skills in common languages such as FORTRAN, C/C++, IDL, or MatLAB are
required. The successful candidate is expected to work heavily on
hyperspectral data collected from both satellite and airborne platforms
over both land and ocean in order to retrieve georeferenced and
atmospherically corrected data products (e.g., surface reflectance,
gaseous absorption, etc.). The successful candidate is also expected to
work with other team members to apply these products in addressing
inter-disciplinary Earth Science questions.

The position is available immediately, and the 2-year appointment can be
extended, contingent upon satisfactory performance and funding
availability. Annual salary is US$50,000 (or commensurable with
experience) with standard fringe benefits.

The College of Marine Science at USF is a rapidly expanding group
spanning all of the major marine science disciplines. We encourage
interested applicants to review our research programs by visiting our
web site at: http://www.marine.usf.edu. For information regarding the
available position, please contact Prof. Chuanmin Hu at 1-727-553-3987
or huc at usf.edu <mailto:huc at usf.edu>.

Apply online at
https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=1818&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1.
Please submit a statement of research interests, a cover letter,
curriculum vitae and contact information for three referees, no later
than August 1, 2013. The position will remain open until filled. For
disability accommodations, please call 1-727-553-3942 at least five (5)
working days in advance of need.

USF is an EO/EA/AA Institution