[Coral-List] Station managers sourght for One Tree Island Research Station on the GBR
will.figueira at sydney.edu.au
Wed Jul 17 02:58:38 EDT 2013
NOTE: questions and EOIs should be directed as below (not to sender)
Call for Expressions of Interest for staff - One Tree Island Research Station, University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is looking for two new staff to manage and operate One Tree Island Research Station located in the southern Great Barrier Reef.
We are looking for two persons with a collective set of skills that include boat master, station operation and maintenance and personal skills to welcome visiting scientists. Both persons must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents OR have the appropriate VISA to work in Australia.
The positions will have combined ESSENTIAL skills as follows:
* Master class 5 - the island is located offshore so one of the managers will need a MASTER class 5 or an open Coxswain with specific endorsement for the Capricorn Bunker group.
* Machinery maintenance skills - ability to maintain a variety of equipment including outboard motors, petrol and diesel motors, compressors, generators, solar system, battery bank, etc.
* Basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills to maintain the station buildings in good repair.
* Budget management - ability to manage a budget and advise on financial priorities.
* A SCUBA ticket is also useful.
More information about the station can be found in http://sydney.edu.au/science/biology/research/oti/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tree_Island_%28Queensland%29
Please send your EOIs to jody.webster at sydney.edu.au<mailto:jody.webster at sydney.edu.au> and clearly state in the subject "EOI OTI managers". Please note:
1. EOIs must be written in English.
2. You may apply on your own ONLY if you have the boating license.
3. Applicants without a Master 5 or a Coxswain endorsed for the Capricorn group will NOT be considered.
DR WILL FIGUEIRA | Senior Lecturer
School of Biological Sciences: Celebrating 50 Years
Room 107 Edgeworth David Building A11
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
T +61 2 9351 2039 | F +61 2 9351 6713
E will.figueira at sydney.edu.au<mailto:will.figueira at sydney.edu.au> W http://sydney.edu.au<http://sydney.edu.au/science>
107 Edgeworth David Building A11| The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
More information about the Coral-List