[Coral-List] Tweets from the American Elasmobranch Society conference

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:28:10 EDT 2013

Hello, everyone!

I recently attended the American Elasmobranch Society conference, the
largest meeting of shark, skate and ray scientists in the world. We
live-tweeted the conference, sharing exciting new research from
presentations live via twitter. Each session's tweets are now Storify-ed,
formatted and organized in a way that people who aren't on twitter can
easily read.

Please look them over, share with interested colleagues, and let me know if
you have any questions!

If you're interested in learning more about the benefits of conference
live-tweeting as well as how to do it, please see my recent publication on
this issue here: (
http://rjd.miami.edu/assets/pdfs/pubs/Shiffman%202012%20conference%20live-tweeting.pdf
)

Dr. Gregor Cailliet's plenary address
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15116

The biology and conservation of durophagous rays symposium
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15119

Ecology and Conservation http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15128

Gruber Award (best student presentation)  session
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15144

Physiology, Behavior and Genetics:
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15163

Finally, I asked people following along to tell me a little about
themselves- check out the diversity of our audience!
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15168

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*
*Ph.D. Student, Research Assistant,*

[image: RJD]

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *p: *412.915.2309
*a: *4600 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida, 33149
*t: *@WhySharksMatter <http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> | *b: *Southern
Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/>