[Coral-List] Coral Reefs :the journal

Howard Lasker hlasker at buffalo.edu
Sun Jun 30 22:10:02 EDT 2013

Dear Coral-List subscribers,

I am writing to introduce myself as the new Editor in Chief of /Coral
Reefs./After 5 years of service Rolf Bak has stepped down and with a
great deal of trepidation I will try to fill his shoes.My primary goal
will be to maintain the high standards that he and Betsy Gladfelter, who
has been Assistant to the Editor, have maintained.

As you are all aware, reefs have received a tremendous amount of
attention in the past decade, and that has also placed a spotlight on
the focus of our collective research efforts, understanding the
processes that affect coral reefs.My goal, as editor, is to maintain the
importance of /Coral Reefs /in bringing that information to our
community and to society in general.

The journal has flourished under Rolf's leadership.In 2012 we received
over 400 Reports, Notes and Reef Sites and published 132.In addition to
members of the ISRS the journal is available to researchers in over
7,000 institutions world-wide.While my focus is on quality not scores,
it is nice to note that our 2012 ISI Impact Factor was 3.662.That places
/Coral Reefs/ #5 among Marine and Freshwater Journals and #4 over the
past 5 years.Our Google Scholar h5 score is 37.

Given our success I do not anticipate any big changes in /Coral
Reefs/.However, resting on our laurels is never a good strategy and I
will always be open to suggestions on ways to improve /Coral
Reefs.S/imply send me an email (CoralReefsEditor at buffalo.edu
<mailto:CoralReefsEditor at buffalo.edu>).

There is one change I should alert you to.As of July 1 we have changed
the editorial platform for /Coral Reefs/ and henceforth new submissions
will go through Editorial Manager at http://www.editorialmanager.com/core/.

I look forward to seeing your manuscripts.

Cheers,

Howie Lasker

Howard R. Lasker

    Professor, Department of Geology & Graduate Program in Evolution, Ecology & Behavior

Mailing Address:
    Dept. of Geology
    411 Cooke Hall
    University at Buffalo