[Coral-List] ScienceOnline Oceans now accepting programming suggestions: the planning wiki is open!

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 10:38:39 EST 2013

Hello, everyone!

ScienceOnline Oceans, a conference which will focus on how marine
scientists and conservationists can use the internet for collaboration,
education and outreach, will be held at the University of Miami October
11-13th.

The ScienceOnline Oceans Planning Wiki is now open, and we are officially
accepting programming suggestions! The wiki will be open until April 1st.

For those of you new to the ScienceOnline community, the Planning Wiki can
be thought of as similar to a conference abstract submission page. However,
there are three important differences:

1) everyone can see what everyone else has submitted,
2) anyone can add to what anyone else has written (including questions,
suggestions, etc.),
and
3) the person who proposes a session can, but does not have to, actually
run that session- you can simply suggest a topic that you'd like to see
discussed and ask people to volunteer to run it.

The planning wiki (including descriptions of the types of sessions we'll be
hosting) can be found here:
http://sciooceans.wikispaces.com/

More information can be found at Oceans.ScienceOnline.com, and I encourage
you to "Like" our Facebook Fan Page (
http://www.facebook.com/ScienceonlineOceans?fref=ts) and follow us on
twitter ( Twitter.com/ScioOceans ) for updates.

Please share this news with interested friends and colleagues, and please
let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*
*Ph.D. Student, Research Assistant,*

[image: RJD]

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *p: *412.915.2309
*a: *4600 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida, 33149
*t: *@WhySharksMatter <http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> | *b: *Southern
Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/>