[Coral-List] Live twitter teach-in on bycatch tomorrow morning at 11 a.m. EST!

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:26:38 EST 2013

Hello, everyone!

As part of the RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program's commitment to online
outreach, tomorrow I'll be hosting a live twitter teach-in, a "marine
biology 101" style lecture that's taught entirely over twitter. This style
allows people all over the world to participate in real-time as long as
they have a computer and a twitter account.

I'll teach the lesson as a series of tweets, including links to videos,
news articles, etc. The approximately 30 minute lesson will be followed by
a live Q&A session.

The subject will be bycatch.

To participate, you need to follow our lab twitter account (@RJ_Dunlap) or
the hashtag #BycatchTeachIn .

For those of you without a twitter account, you can participate by visiting
twitter.com/RJ_Dunlap and reloading the page regularly.

Please help spread the word! Thanks for your help and interest!

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*
*Ph.D. Student, Research Assistant,*

[image: RJD]

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *p: *412.915.2309
*a: *4600 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida, 33149
*t: *@WhySharksMatter <http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> | *b: *Southern
Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/>