[Coral-List] NGOs, Corals and Dive Industry

Julian @ Reef Check julian at reefcheck.org.my
Thu Nov 21 20:01:36 EST 2013

Ed

We are actually looking at establishing our own dive centre certification
system that would do just that. I think it is doable - as long as you can
get divers to take it up, use it and send in reports. Also the reports have
to be vetted. That is more difficult than the technology, which is pretty
simple. We also envisage visiting places ourselves anonymously, or sending
along people we trust, again anonymously, to conduct reviews, and feeding
back results to dive operators. All this would have to be against a
published checklist so it is open and transparent.

Regards

Julian Hyde

General Manager

Reef Check Malaysia Bhd

www.reefcheck.org.my

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rcmalaysia

HEARD A FISH BOMB? TEXT US AT 012 647 1294 WITH DATE, TIME AND LOCATION!

"The bottom line of the Millenium Assessment findings is that human actions
are depleting Earth's natural capital, putting such strain on the
environment that the ability of the planet's ecosystems to sustain future
generations can no longer be taken for granted."