[Coral-List] I don't understand no prey for corals

Capman, William capman at augsburg.edu
Fri Nov 22 12:48:39 EST 2013

Stepping out on a limb here, and possibly demonstrating that a little
knowledge can be a dangerous thing (or at least that it can sometimes lead
you to speculate silly things).....

In addition to the logic presented by Kevin Reed.....

Isn't the prevailing view that medusae probably came before polyps?  My
guess would be that there were hydrozoan and scyphozoan medusae (and
probably others) around when the first corals came on the scene.  Though
there surely were other things swimming about (perhaps only tiny things,
but maybe not all so tiny), it seems early corals could also have had
medusae to capture (?).