[Coral-List] artificial reefs

david at medio.fsnet.co.uk david at medio.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 12:16:09 EDT 2013

There are many stories like his (some in fact with as much regulatory irony!) but I think as scientists, we need to promote with developers, regulators, etc that artificial reef development must never be used as a tool to offset planned damage associated with coastal and offshore development.

One more comment: can we arrange a petition to remove the term reclamation. This is an engineering term that relates in fact to sea grabbing or infilling. To reclaim means to take something back that belonged to you before!

David Medio

Dr David Medio
Marine Scientist and Manager
email: david at medio.fsnet.co.uk