[Coral-List] fossil Acropora prolifera

Kaufman, Leslie S lesk at bu.edu
Sat Sep 7 21:29:27 EDT 2013

Hi all.

WRT the discussion of fossil Caribbean Acropora, the place to look for A. prolifera would be in the Falmouth Formation on the east side of Rio Bueno, Jamaica.  I think I've seen it in there, along with mostly A. cervicornis (in terms of growth form), though it's been a while and somebody ought to look more carefully.  I suspect that the hole I dug in the late 1970's (actually enlarged, somebody else started it) is still there.

Les

Les Kaufman
Professor of Biology
Boston University Marine Program
and
Marine Conservation Fellow
Betty and Gordon Moore Center for Ecosystem Science and Economics
Conservation International
lesk at bu.edu<mailto:lesk at bu.edu>