[Coral-List] Acropora prolifera

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 14:28:08 EDT 2013

 M. annularis was Orbicella (Dana 1846) in the early 1900s. Wells moved
them to Montastraea (de Blainville 1830) in Vaughan & Wells 1943.
The reference is:
Budd, A. F., Fukami H., Smith N. D., Knowlton N, 2012. Taxonomic
classification of the reef coral family Mussidae (Cnidaria: Anthozoa:
Scleractinia). Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 166: 465-529, doi:
10.1111/j.1096-3642.2012.00855.x.