[Coral-List] EVOLAT: the study of Evolution in Latin America
"Jorge H. Pinzón C."
jorgecoral at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:30:01 EDT 2013
It is a pleasure to announce the creation of EVOLAT, a group of interest within the Society for the Study of Evolution. Here is the official announcement from the SSE bulletin.
Society for the Study of Evolution announces New Latin American Interest Group
EVOLAT is an interest group, started by SSE members, intended to promote Latin American research on evolution within the SSE.
EVOLAT offers the opportunity for researchers and their ideas to come together to reinforce and advance the study of evolution in this region.
A Latin American mixer is in the works for EVOLUTION 2014 in Raleigh.
EVOLAT will work to:
1. Bring together scientists with interests in advancing research and teaching of evolution across Latin American institutions
2. Encourage participation of Latin American researchers by recruiting professionals and students as new members of the SSE.
3. Promote involvement of Latin American researchers in the activities of the SSE.
4. Represent a portal for Latin American scientists to promote scientific interactions and foster professional collaborations with scientists from North America and around the world.
5. Organize workshops and/or mini-courses, either during Evolution meetings or in Latin America.
For more information please visit EVOLAT, like us on Facebook, Goggle plus
or contact Jorge H. Pinzón (pinzon at uta.edu) or Jorge L. Hurtado-Gonzalez (jorge.hurtado at uc.edu)
Jorge H. Pinzón C.
MS Marine Biologist
NSF Post Doctoral Fellow
University of Texas Arlington
Department of Biology
501 S. Nedderman
220 Life Science
Arlington TX 76019
pinzon at uta.edu
jpinzon at hotmail.com
More information about the Coral-List