[Coral-List] Geologists and deep time

Iain Macdonald dr_iamacdonald at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 05:24:49 EDT 2013

Dear BOC,

Rather ironically in your post you pick up on "deep time". The man who pioneered this, James Hutton - 18th century!, also could be termed as the father of climate change (better know as father of modern geology) in so much as he pioneered the belief that the earth was one "super-organism" - (e.g., James Lovelock's - Gaia).

The continual bickering on this list is divisive. So please stick to science.

Iain Macd
A Marine Biologist/Ecologist /Geologist - or just a Marine Scientist.