[Coral-List] Benthic N2 fixation in coral reefs and the potential effects of human-induced environmental change

uca at zmt-bremen.de uca at zmt-bremen.de
Sun Apr 6 12:40:30 EDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

allow me to draw your attention to our recent review paper:

Cardini, U., Bednarz, V. N., Foster, R. A. and Wild, C. (2014), BenthicN2 fixation in coral reefs and the potential effects of human-induced environmental change. Ecology and Evolution. doi: 10.1002/ece3.1050
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.1050/abstract

We believe that this paper may be of interest to marine biologists andecologists, due to the relevance of benthic N2 fixation in providing new nitrogen to support primary production and growth, and to microbiologists, because several internal or external associations between N2 fixing bacteria and many reef organisms have evolved. Furthermore, biogeochemists may be interested in this review, as a major fraction of the total benthic N2 fixation on a global scale likely derives from shallow tropical coral reef environments.

Thank you

--
Ulisse Cardini
PhD candidate