[Coral-List] Planetary Diabetes RE: Going in the wrong direction?

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:36:47 EDT 2014

Johnyou'll have to simplify things and yet deliver a powerful message.
Think sugar. We need sugar. Our brain only burns sugar. So you might think sugar is good, and the more you eat the better you'll be. But what happens if all we eat is sugar? sooner or later we get diabetes.  So it happens with CO2 in the atmosphere. You get too much of it in the air, by burning oil, carbon and gas, that the planet gets diabetes. That's why we have to bring down the CO2 we put in the air by using energy efficiency. Because we cannot live in a planet with diabetes.
I'm sure other scientists in this list will cringe at this over simplification, but it gets the gist of it. Feel free to use it. But remember who wrote it.

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Coordinator Reef Rescuers ProgramIsland Conservation Centre Nature Seychelles,Amitie, Praslin, Seychelleshttp://www.natureseychelles.org-and-Research CollaboratorSmithsonian-National Museum of Natural Historyat Smithsonian Marine Station, Fort Pierce, FL, USATwitter: @GrouperDocBlog: http://grouperluna.wordpress.comhttp://independent..academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres