[Coral-List] Invitation to Marine Educators & College Professors

Tara Short shorttara at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:13:10 EDT 2014

Greetings from Green Edventures! This July we are inviting teachers, informal marine educators from nature centers and zoos and aquariums, college professors, and instructors from dive centers to visit our flagship program in La Paz, Baja Sur, Mexico to sample the very best of what we offer. – For free.  We would like participants to use this free trip as a chance to scout out Green Edventures Baja Mexico Sea Quest as a possible program for teacher-led student field programs, SCUBA diving groups, (including adult learners) in 2015 or beyond. Space is limited to 14 participants Since 2008 we have been leading student-centered marine ecology adventures for teachers and their students at our camp on Espiritu Santo Island in the Sea of Cortez as well as college and women-only groups.  Here is a link to the student program. The sample trip will include camping at our base on Espiritu Santo Island, snorkeling with sea lions, and exploration rocky and coral reefs. SCUBA diving is available. Learn more here: http://greenedventures.com/tour/baja-sea-quest/
The Sea of Cortez is one of the most biologically diverse marine systems in the world. The marine protected areas near La Paz and the World Heritage Sites make this a the perfect place to investigate natural processes and marine ecology. Information specific to the sample trip is below. If interested, please contact Tara (tara at greenedventures.com) or 715-252-1238 by May 15th or before. Open until spaces are filled. Date: July 10-13, 2014 What is included?4 days, 3 nights camping on Espiritu Santo IslandAll activities (SCUBA, snorkeling, hiking, camping)All meals prepared by a chefAll equipmentRoundtrip airport transfers Not included:Airfare to Los Cabos (SJD)Gratuity for local guides $50-100Pre or post lodging for the trip but we will help you at not cost make those arrangements