[Coral-List] Coral Restoration Foundation in Key Largo seeking a Development Officer
programs at coralrestoration.org
Mon Aug 11 17:06:56 EDT 2014
The Coral Restoration Foundation, Inc. a 501(C)(3) nonprofit located in Key
Largo FL is seeking an experienced Development Officer. Knowledge of ocean
conservation, specifically coral restoration, is highly desired. Please
submit resume, salary requirements, and availability date to
wayne at coralrestoration.org.
Please see the position description below.
*Position Title: Development Officer *
*Reports to: Chief Operating Officer*
*Pay Salary: Commensurate with Experience*
• Ten (10) days paid vacation (increasing with years of employment)
• Five (5) days sick leave in year one (increasing with years of employment)
• Six (6) paid federal holidays
• $200/month health insurance stipend
• DAN insurance reimbursement
• FT 40 hours/week
• M-F 9 am – 5 pm (typical)
• Frequent special events require night and weekend hours
*Nature of Work*
The primary function of the Development Officer is to manage all
focusing primarily on the cultivation and solicitation of gifts to support
Coral Restoration Foundation's programs and operations. The position will
also require oversight of day-to-day development operations which include
mailings, maintenance of central development database, donor relations, and
• Responsible for working closely with the Board of Directors, President,
Development and Marketing Committee to establish a comprehensive
plan and achieve development goals set forth by the Board
• Responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts ($5K
- $100K) from
individuals, corporations, and foundations
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Schedule major donor appointments. Track and analyze donor information.
• Manage a base of 50 prospects and execute a strategy, along with the COO
President, for a large sustained base of individual donors
• Manage the implementation of a central donor database and oversee data
thank you letter/gift processing
• Draft correspondence including donor thank you letters, request for
and other donor-related correspondence.
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
the annual Coral Restoration Foundation Gala
• Lead preparation and execution of the Annual Gala; working with the
committee, responsible for managing CRF's annual gala and ensuring
success of this event
• Plan fundraising and cultivation events. Book location, speakers, send
sponsor letters, make follow up phone calls, pull together invitation
volunteers, contract with caterer, and handle all event planning and
• Oversee the organization of donor-related events
• Identify and manage grant requests to corporations and foundations with
members of the staff
• Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate
• Research foundation and corporate grant guidelines and track deadlines.
Coordinate grant proposals and status reports.
• Manage CRF news media presence (coordinate press releases, maintain stock
• Manage all communications, marketing and social media programs (Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, newsletter, website)
• Manage CRF presence at public events (trade shows, fundraisers, CRF booth
local community events, speeches by our staff, school presentations, etc.)
• Manage content on social media sites coordinating others to produce the
content, including maintaining an organized collection of stock story
• Manage CRF presence at local Chambers of Commerce and other social
• Participate in the formulation and execution of a CRF media strategy
• Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of
duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are
related to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
• Two to three years of experience in related position.
• High level of energy, ambition, and orientation toward discussing
• Possess excellent listening, diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
• Possess excellent computer skills using microcomputer software (Word and
and donor database.
• Possess an understanding of basic finance concepts and money management.
• Demonstrated interest in and ability to represent an organization in
one-on-one visits with key constituents (donors and prospects).
• Familiarity with various internet social media (Facebook, Twitter,
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including a strong work ethic.
• Willingness to adhere to CRF's core mission and values.
• Possess excellent interaction and communication skills (verbal and
• Have knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural differences and
diversity within the community.
• Knowledge of Florida Keys community preferred.
• Ability to be flexible, adjust to fluctuating priorities, and produce
• Proven ability to perform well in stressful situations.
www.coralrestoration.org | programs at coralrestoration.org
5 Seagate Blvd. Key Largo, FL 33037
More information about the Coral-List