[Coral-List] Elkhorn coral spawning Curacao - SECORE workshop

Dirk Petersen d.petersen at secore.org
Wed Aug 13 15:01:36 EDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

as part of the annual SECORE workshop in Curacao, a group of scientists and
public aquarium professionals has monitored two reefs during the past two
nights for any signs of Elkhorn coral spawning. Last night we observed
initial spawning on both reefs with colonies setting from 9.00-9.30 p.m. and
gamete release from 9.30-10.00 p.m. We expect the major spawning event
tonight.

For those of you interested in, you can find the precise spawning data, as
well as many facts on SECORE's workshop program with daily weblog updates on
our current workshops in Curacao and Mexico at
http://www.secore.org/site/newsroom.html.

The SECORE Foundation is a non-profit organization promoting coral reef
conservation through research, education, outreach, and restoration. For
more information, please visit www.secore.org

On behalf of all participants,

Dirk Petersen

Valerie Chamberland