[Coral-List] New paper: trophy fishing for species threatened with extinction

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:57:27 EDT 2014

Hello, everyone!  I wanted to bring your attention to a new paper from our
lab that may be of interest. It's about trophy fishing for IUCN Red List
Threatened species, and why we believe this practice should be stopped.

Please read and share, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Official version of the paper:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308597X14001754

Open-access version of the paper:

http://rjd.miami.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Shiffman-et-al_Mar-Pol_2014.pdf

Official press release:
http://www.miami.edu/index.php/news/releases/study_analyzed_conservation_status_of_trophy_fish/

Blog post containing background information on the issues presented in the
paper:
http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=17469

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman*
*Ph.D. Student, Research Assistant,*

[image: RJD]

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *p: *412.915.2309
*a: *4600 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida, 33149
*t: *@WhySharksMatter <http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> | *b: *Southern
Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/>