[Coral-List] Fish Tissue samples for DNA barcoding project

Tamara Gurevich tamaragu at savion.huji.ac.il
Tue Dec 2 04:39:05 EST 2014

Dear Coral Listers,

We are currently engaged in a 'barcoding' project, involving fishes known to occur (or known to have occurred) in the Gulf of Aqaba (the northern Red Sea). We have samples from over 200 species, but are short of 22 species that we have failed to locate in the reefs which we can access (a list is below). We were wondering if somebody has any (tissue) samples of these species that are preserved in ethanol, and which he would be willing to share with us?
We would be very grateful for any samples that you could spare us.
Our 22 missing species:

1.      Acanthurus gahhm
2.      Plagiotremus townsendi
3.      Bryaninops natans
4.      Ctenogobiops maculosus
5.      Eviota sebreei
6.      Flabelligobius latruncularius
7.      Lotilia graciliosa
8.      Trimma barralli
9.      Trimma flavicaudatus
10.  Coris variegata
11.  Lethrinus borbonicus
12.  Oxymonacanthus halli
13.  Haliophis guttatus
14.  Pseudochromis dixurus
15.  Pseudochromis flavivertex
16.  Chlorurus genazonatus
17.  Hipposcarus harid
18.  Inimicus filamentosus
19.  Canthigaster margaritata
20.  Torpedo panthera
21.  Helcogramma obtusirostre
22.Paragobiodon xanthosomus

Many thanks in advance,

Tamara Gurevich Raguso- tamaragu at savion.huji.ac.il

--
Tamara Gurevich Raguso
Lab Manager- Functional Morphology Laboratory