[Coral-List] Protect Our Reef Grants RFP

Dave Vaughan dvaughan at mote.org
Fri Dec 12 13:07:40 EST 2014

TO: Coral-list

This is a notice for the Mote Marine Laboratory "Protect Our Reef"
License Plate Grant funding availability and the Request for Proposals
(RFP).
Funds received in 2014 from the Protect Our Reef License Plate sales
will be eligible for organizations based in Florida and engaged in reef
research, education and conservation.  Applicants must be a public
agency, educational institution or a non-profit entity.

Eligible organization can utilize the funds to support projects related
to research, education and conservation of the Florida Coral Reef
Ecosystem.  Primary focus will be on projects that significantly enhance
the capabilities of coral reef ecosystem resource managers to more
effectively utilize science-based information in promoting and
implementing the restoration and long-term sustainable use of these
ecosystems in an increasingly acidic marine environment.

It is forecast that approximately ten start-up grants of up to $10,000
each will be available for this years (2014) funds in 2015 and that a
few higher funded grants of up to $25,000 are anticipated. The program
has the intent of granting some innovative start-up grants to new young
investigators.

Request for proposals December 1, 2014
Proposals due:  March 1, 2015
Notification: mid April, 2015
Grans Awarded: May 1, 2015

Grant announcement information and RFP Instructions available at the
website:

WWW.MOTE.ORG/4REEF

Any additional questions about the program should be directed to Dave
Vaughan at (DVaughan at Mote.org)