[Coral-List] fish and algae

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Tue Feb 18 13:06:03 EST 2014

Hi Alina:

It's nice to know that I can always count on a reasoned and unbiased
observation from you. I hope people keep responding, but my sense is that
the discussion will eventually have to go in the direction of, "So, what do
we do? Kill damselfish, increase their predators, do something an the algal
side, or suck it up and watch the results of our past actions. To me, this
is where science meets management. Will listing corals negatively impacted
do anything to fix this? If we are going to insert ourselves into the
natural system.... again..... what specifically do we do, other than
"something"? Unless something has changed in the science, adding nutrients
into the mix muddies the water even more. What fun!!

Deny