[Coral-List] Last few spaces on the Maldives Coral Reef Ecology Course

Michael Sweet M.Sweet at derby.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 11:42:22 EST 2014

Dear Coral List

Please let anyone interested know of our updates regarding new exciting opportunities to work and learn at the new marine station opened in the Maldives.

We now have three different options for students (and staff). These are aimed to allow those with different budgets the opportunity to still get involved.

Coral Reef Ecology Courses

We still have a few spaces on our coral reef ecology course, 2 for the April dates (11th – 20th 2014) and one for the August date (22nd – 1st Sept 2014). These are taught courses spanning over 10 days with time for the students own individual project. The cost is US$1500 for food, accommodation and course fees. Not included are international flights (approx. £700) and internal flights, the seaplane and speed boat (US$450).

Scientific Officer Positions

Volunteer positions for 3 month periods. Here your jobs will include establishing and maintaining the coral nursery, assisiting visiting researchers on the island, monitoring the status of our house reef, presenting lectures to tourists visiting the islands and conducting your own research. The station will cover a part of lodging and meals costs lowering the cost to US$ 600.00 per month. Not included are international flights (approx. £700) and internal flights, the seaplane and speed boat (US$450), permit application (US$150) and business visa (US$150). Available after September 2014

Research Assistant Positions

Volunteer positions. Main responsibilities are assisting the Scientific Officer in their duties. Contribution to costs equals US$500 per week. Up to a maximum of 1 month stay. Any Time

For any of the positions, please contact Dr Michael Sweet, Derby University

Email: m.sweet at derby.ac.uk

Tel: 0044 (0) 1332592398

Regards

 #Mike Sweet

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this was sent to you in error, please select unsubscribe.